- Prepare flour and butter a day in advance. Sift flour and baking powder together. Place butter and flour together in a plastic bag and chill in the refrigerator overnight. (i omitted this step).
- On the day of baking, preheat oven to 200 degree celsius .
- Add sugar. Rub butter into the flour until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add cranberries together with egg yolk and milk mixture and mix until a smooth dough is formed.
- Place dough on a floured surface and knead lightly.
- Rolled to a thickness of about 1.5-2cm.
- Cut with a 5-cm round pastry cutter dusted with flour. Alternatively if you prefer to shape into wedges like mine, you could roll into a circular dough, and cut into wedges using a pastry cutter.
- Place cut-out dough on a baking sheet brushed with milk.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until scones are golden brown.
- Remove from heat and cool on a wire rack.
Recipe adapted from: "Okashi Treats" by keiko ishida
Some updates about myself. My renovation is going smoothly and it's really excited to see more things done every other day. It is a tiring but enjoyable process... but I really do miss baking... alot. In fact I had a few arguments with my hubby because he wanted me to spend less time on baking and reading baking blogs but to spend some time to think and surf the web for ideas on what design I wanted for our house design. *lol* I was rather stubborn at first thought of it but I do understand his intentions. Afterall, he wanted me to have our dream house and would have no regrets in the final outcome. Anyhow, I discovered he is a perfectionist when it comes to this big project of ours but I appreciate that as I could see that all he wanted was to ensure that I'm happy with the choices that we have made, in terms of colour scheme, design, layout, etc. :)