November 12, 2007

Jam-filled Sponge Cake

I had to modify the name...initially the title of this post was supposed to be jam-filled swiss roll, if only I had made it successfully. But I didn't manage to roll it nicely and it cracked. :( So I had to turn it into slices of cake sandwiched with strawberry jam.
The cake was really yummy, soft and spongy. Recipe from Aunty Yochana's sugar roll. I guess besides the lack of technique of rolling, the top part of the sponge sheet was abit burnt, thus it cracked easily when I was trying to roll it. Found that my oven was rather hot. Really got to undestand my oven well before venturing into my bakes next time.




Packed a slice of it for my nephew. :)


Hmmm...what shall I bake next??


5 comments:

Happy Homebaker said...

Aimei, thanks for sharing your experience! I will now know what to do if my swiss roll cracks, hehe ;p

Mandy said...

I am also one who is not very good with swissroll. Now I know what to do when it cracks. :)

Aimei said...

Happy Homebaker & Mandy,
Haha, this was not my first time. Hehe. Glad I've shared something useful. ;)

Thistlemoon said...

I always love when I mess up and have to get creative as to how to fix it! It is like a little at home experiment! Very fun!

Welcome to The Foodie Blogroll!

Aimei said...

Hi Jenndz, thanks for adding me to the Foodie Blogroll! :)