December 6, 2008

Multi-grain Rolls

Multi-grain rolls...this reminds of the ones I had at "The Soup Spoon", where a small dinner roll is usually accompanied with a bowl of soup. I like their rolls cos' it's so soft and fluffy, best to be eaten with a bowl of thick, hot soup.

If not for the time consumed, I always love making breads because there would usually be no wastage and again, it's just so satiosfying to have home-made bread and eat it whatever you want, on it's own, as sandwiches...etc.

A few months back, I bought a packet of multi-grain toppings but fail to realise that the 'best by' date is already overdue by a week! It's such a big packet and I really hate to see my pantry ingredients going to a waste. I did some googling and gathered that 'best by' date means that the product would be at its freshest by that date. It can usually be consumed within a few weeks or a month as long as it's not spoilt (use your senses to gauge!).

Heh heh... as the toppings still smell and looked fresh to me, I decided to finish it up and make some multi-grain rolls. Although the recipe doesn't require so much toppings, I just sprinkled the remaining generously over the final proofed bread.

The above was the texture I took after a day. I didn't get to try the texture the day it was baked cos' I rushed out of my house immediately after baking! I wouldn't say it's as soft as it should be, but they weren't too bad, not the kind of rough, coarse texture at least.

By the way, the original recipe was a pumpkin seed bread, but I replaced the pumpkin seeds with multi-grain toppings instead! :D The recipe is taken from “孟老师的一百道面包” . I shall not be posting the recipe since I did too many modifications and dare not say it was real soft. :P If you are interested, do drop me a comment. ;)



Egg Mayo Sandwich! Yummy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Aimei,

May I know where did you buy the book 孟老师的一百道面包?

Thanks!

P i R a D a said...

look really yummy!

Aimei said...

Hi Anonymous, I bought from Kinokuniya. :) You may ask to have the book ordered if they don't have the stock now.

Thanks Pirada! You have a great blog!

Carrie said...

Hi Aimei,

I've link your blog to mine, at:

Http://www.bake-with-love.blogspot.com

Regards,
Carrie

Aimei said...

Thanks Carrie! Welcome to the baking world! :D

Rachel said...

hey Aimei.
That multi grain lookes delicious.
Can i have the recipe?Please please :)
Thanks & happy baking :P