**dd, although you said there is no rush but I'll get it done very soon ya, ;) I'd do up this quick post of bar cookie that I made a few weeks ago. This is considered a healthy enough snack for me to bring to work when I'm craving to munch something between meals. I now refrain from bringing my favourite snacks such as chocolates and butter cookies too often cos' I'll just not be able to control and finish it off very soon!
This bar cookie uses wholemeal flour and cranberries and lesser amount of butter so I would considered it to be a healthier option. This is the cookie for you if you prefer something nutty , crunchy and not too buttery.
Wholemeal Cranberry Bar
100g Wholemeal Flour
40g icing sugar
50g unsalted butter
20g raisins and 20g cranberries (I used all cranberries)
20g candied dried fruits (I used chopped peanuts)
20g beaten egg
1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Add icing sugar into wholemeal flour and mix well.
- Rub butter into the flour mixture till evenly mixed.
- Mix together cranberries, raisins and dried fruits/nuts in a bowl. Add egg into the fruit/nuts mixture and stir lightly until evenly mixed.
- Add the fruits/nuts mixture (step 3) into step 2, and press the mixture evenly into a 18cm by 18cm square tin.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and press lightly.
- Bake at 170°C for about 30 minutes. After baking, leave it in the oven for 10 minutes before taking out of the oven to cool.
Baking Source: 孟老师的一百道面包