January 2, 2010

Chocolate Sponge Cake

All thanks to my dd, who made me sad and disappointed, if not I won't be here updating my blog; I would have gone somewhere else with him. :(

Hee hee I'm not trying to speak ill of him here ok. We are fine and he did nothing wrong. Just that in a relationship, no one / not every circumstances is perfect, there has to be lots of give and take, understanding, communication and sometimes letting go and acceptance.
Ok, so that's the reason why I'm free here to do a little blogging of this "darn spongy chocolate sponge cake" I did recently! This recipe was shared by Youfei. The video is execellent. She shared some useful tips to bake a sponge cake. I was also happy that I'm able to use glucose as one of the ingredients that has been left to collect dust on my shelf. LOL

Unlike most spomge cakes that I've made before, this cake is moist and true to its name, it was very spongy and has a great texture. I still do need to tent the top with aluminium foil as it was getting a little burnt.
Do give this choclate sponge cake a try! :D


6 comments:

Pei-Lin said...

Hey, no worries! These happen once in a while ... It's part of building closer relationship ... a way of understanding each other better I guess ... though I do think I'm not that qualified on giving feedback on this ... LOL!

I've already bookmarked this recipe ... Just haven't gotten around doing it ... Thanks for sharing!

Pei-Lin

Cakes By Lizzie said...

Your blog looks scrumptious, and you have so many amazing things on here!! I just started up my own baking blog, and I would appreciate it if you would take a look and follow it!

Lizzie

Simonne said...

wow this choc looks yummy leh
i hope to try it soon
Hey, u always bakes birthday cakes for your friends hor.. so sweet of you

Ju (The Little Teochew) said...

OK, I am *so* going to make this. Maybe tomorrow! :)

Aimei said...

Pei Lin and Ju, hope you have fun with this recipe! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, as you may already noted I am new here.
Hope to get some help from you if I will have any quesitons.
Thanks in advance and good luck! :)