Crunchy Suji Cookies
120g caster sugar (i reduced to 90g)
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
150g plain flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
egg glaze: 1 egg yolk mixed with few drops of water (i omitted this)
- Mix ghee, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla essence till well combined.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt and stir well.
- Preheat oven at 180°C for 10 minutes. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Using a metal spoon, fold the flour mixture into the ghee mixture. Knead lightly to form a dough.
- Pinch a small amount (about 1/2 tbsp) of dough and roll it into a ball. Place the cookie dough 2cm apart on the tray as they will spread during baking.
- Brush with egg glaze.
- Bake for 14 minutes. Let it cool for a few minutes on the baking tray before transferring to a wire rack. Allow them to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Recipe from: Oi Lin's "Delicious Asian Baked Treats"