February 6, 2008

More Chinese New Year goodies

Alritey...here are the other goodies that I made.

Cashew Nut Cookies

The recipe for this cookie was copied from one of the recipe books (I forgot the title of the book) while I was browsing at MPH bookstore. Hehe...I type out the recipe briefly in my mobile phone and there you are!

Ingredients:

250 g butter
180 g icing sugar
400 g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
180 g ground cashew nuts
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla essence
whole cashew nuts, to decorate

Method:

  1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
  2. Put cashew nuts in a blender and blend until fine (take note that once it's just fine, stop the blender immediately. If you continue, you will get a paste like mine! ). Set aside.
  3. Sift flour and baking powder. Add grounded cashew into the flour mixture.
  4. Cream butter and icing sugar until light. Add egg yolk, vanilla and continue to cream.
  5. Add in the flour mixture and mix until a dough is formed.
  6. Use a cookie cutter of your desired shape and cut out the cookie.
  7. Decorate with whole cashew nuts.
  8. Place on a baking sheet, bake for about 10-15 minutes or until brown.

The cookie is crispy and has a nice cashew nut fragance. This recipe can yield about 100 cookies.

Chinese Peanut Cookies

This recipe was from Florence's blog again. There were many good reviews on this recipe and I personally tried it last year. The cookie was very fragnant with lots of peanuts and it melts in mouth. But I forgot to egg wash the cookie before sending into the oven, which could be the reason why the cookie was too crumbly and fell apart?

Spring Roll Cracker


The first time I'd eaten this type of spring roll cracker was when my mum bought it from Malaysia and I bought it again while I went there for holiday with my company trip last year. It's very crispy and addictive. I was surprise that it is so easy to make when I came across this recipe in Florence's blog.


All you need to do is to buy a packet of spring roll skin, roll it with the help of a chopstick, and cut it into pieces, and deep fry. After letting it cool down and oil absorbed, in icing sugar.

I didnt make this myself as I don't like to deep fry things. So credit goes to my mum! We can easily make a whole big tin!



I know I'm late in posting the recipes but still not too late to wish everyone a very Happy and Prosperous New Year!

新年快乐,心想事成!

5 comments:

Florence said...

Aimei,
Gong Xi Fa Cai
Happy New Year

Anonymous said...

Oh I love cashew nut cookies! We have them for Hari Raya as well, and they're always the ones I 'attack' when I go visiting :P

Happy Chinese New Year, and may the new year bring much joy to you and your loved ones :)

Aimei said...

Thanks Ovenhaven! :)

daphne said...

Hi Aimei! Thanks so much for dropping by my blog! Come and visit again. I love these cookies too ..

and I definitely identify with you being weight conscious!!

the baker said...

hey! i love those springroll crackers too! yes they are really addictive. it's hard to stop! yay the recipe is simple, just as i thought. i am so going to make my own! ;)