Anyway this time i got it right. A pita bread that I was looking for. It's a really simple bread recipe, and puffs up nicely, but the thickness of the crust were all uneven, which i suppose is the way I roll the dough. I'm just too lazy and didnt bother to roll out all evenly.
200g bread flour
5g castor sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2g instant yeast
- Mix bread flour, castor sugar, salt, water and yeast in a large mixing bowl. Using your hands or an electric mixer attached with the dough hook, mix to form a dough. Knead the dough until a smooth and elastic dough is formed. (I used my bread-maker to knead the dough).
- Let dough proof for 50 minutes.
- Divide dough into 5 equal portions, and shape them into balls.
- Roll dough into an oblong shape, about 18-20cm long and 0.3cm thick.
- Let it final proof for 10 minutes.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 220°C (if your oven can adjust, orginally is upper heat 250°C, lower heat 200°C) for about 8 minutes.
- Split pita bread into half and put in your favourite sandwich fillings.
Prawn salad pita sandwich. Homemade again! Give it a try! Enjoy! :)