July 9, 2008

Orange Mango Salad

I really enjoyed this salad of sweet oranges, mango slices, iceberg lettuce, and added crunch of carrots and cereals. This whole combination goes really well, and tasted refreshing. I find myself like anything crunchy, so whenever I have cereals, I would add to salads to give it the extra crisp and crunch.

I suppose mandarin oranges with toasted walnuts or perhaps bigger seeds like sunflower seeds would be a good variation too! I added about 1/2 tbsp of balsamic dressing (A new dressing I grabbed from the supermarket shelf, which I don't think is balsamic vinegar which usually cost much more expensive :P) and 1 tsp of wholegrain mustard (A new dressing added into my pantry too). I'm trying to experiment with dressings and condiments to expand my knowledge to creating simple meals for a start. :)

I have no detailed recipe here as the proportion is based on my individual serving. You may try other salad leaves as well but I prefer iceberg (though nutritional content is not that high) for its sweet and more crispy texture. Best serve as a side for a refreshing treat. :)

2 comments:

Rei said...

Hi Aimei, absolutely delicious looking. Nice combo and texture too! I have not tried with anything balsamic though. :D

Aimei said...

Hi Rei, thanks! This is the first time I'm using also. Hee...

By the way, wanna tell u your chiffon making tips is so good! Have been reading it and hope to perfect my skills in chiffon making, which is so far my greatest skill to overcome. Will take note of the those tips. Thanks for your efforts :)