I got the recipe from Sweet Indulgences and made some modifications myself.
- 55g of milk chocolate
- 35g of dark chocolate
- 80 ml of heavy cream
- 15g of almond meal (ground almond) - original recipe called for ground hazelnut
- 1 1/2 tbsp of butter
- Hazelnuts/whole almonds toasted (optional)
- Melt chocolate over double boiler and set aside.
- Heat cream till simmer.Stir cream into melted chocolate and stir in widening concentric circles.
- Add butter, stirring gently.
- Add ground almond and stir gently.
- Pour into a pan and refrigerate for about 2-3 hrs.
- Toast some hazelnuts (about 20)
- Use a melon scoop to scoop moulds of ganache and wrap it over 1 hazelnut - note: Be sure to let the nuts cool before wrapping otherwise the ganache will melt and turn soft
- Dust with cocoa powder or chopped peanuts before popping back into the refrigerator
Makes about 18 truffles
Note: For more variations, you can coat it with melted chocolate or white chocolate before dusting it for additional chocolate layer
Must be consumed within a few days